Life can be hard at times. A bad day. One of those weeks or maybe a run of bad luck coming at you like a firehose, forcing you to deal with one thing after another.
It's times like these that can get you down. You might feel burned out and struggle to find the energy and motivation to deal with challenges effectively.
Luckily, citrus oils are in your corner.
These "positive vibes in a bottle", work to instantly lift your mood and give you a burst of fresh, positive emotional energy, helping you to win the day as your best self.
Here's the essential oils included in this citrus 3 set special:
"Like a new broom sweeps clean, orange will put a smile on your face while filling the room with a fresh, positive energy!"
"Add to cleaning products and diffuse for a super clean, fresh smelling home; bursting with positive energy and a zest for life!"
"Instantly lift the mood of any room! Angers and frustrations quickly fade away and are replaced with a fresh, zesty burst of positive, uplifting energy!"
How to use
If you're at home, then put a few drops in a diffuser for a fresh, uplifting space
- Or a few drops on a tissue placed next to you if you don't have a diffuser to hand
- If you're on the move, simply inhale from the bottle or place a few drops on a tissue for a fresh feeling of clarity and calm
- Add to cleaning products for a super fresh and clean smelling home
- Create amazing homemade products your friends and family will love - soap, candles, beard oil, creams, scrubs... (the list goes on and on!)
Suitable for: Bath (Orange), Diffuse, Inhale, Massage, Topical (don't use undiluted on the skin and stay out of the sun for 12 hours after topical application)
- Country Of Origin: Australia
- Extraction Method: Expressed (Cold Pressed)
- Scent: Fresh, sweet, fruity, citrus
- Note: Top
- The orifice reducer ensures only 1 drop at a time comes out of the bottle
- Mind & Emotions: Refreshing, uplifting, calming
- Blends With: Use as the perfect top note for adding a touch of freshness to most other oils and blends
- Safety: Do not use undiluted on the skin. If used on the skin, avoid sunlight for 12 hours due to photosensitivity.
Frequently asked questions
CAN IT BE USED INTERNALLY?
As a brand, we have taken the position that essential oils are for external use only and should not be taken internally. We therefore will never state that any essential oil is food grade as this indicates that it is fit for human consumption.
CAN YOU USE IT DIRECTLY ON THE SKIN?
No we never recommend that any essential oil is used direct on the skin. Always dilute with a carrier, even when using in the bath. Dilution rates of essential oils are generally at a rate of 1%, 2% or 3% ratio of essential oil to carrier. For facial use it's usually max 0.5%. Some essential oils are even less than this though (some not suitable for topical use at all), so always check the max dilution % before using an essential oil topically.
IS IT THERAPEUTIC GRADE?
Therapeutic grade is a term created to assist with marketing. There isn't an official industry standard for therapeutic grade, so we refuse to use this term. We do have all of our oils tested for purity and quality using GC/FID or GC/MS and usually optical rotation and refractive index amongst other quality assurance procedures to ensure they are 100% pure essential oil with nothing added or removed.
A word about Top, Middle and Base notes:
When diffusing, some people might think that the aroma of citrus oils doesn't last as long or carry as far as other oils (or when compared to chemical-ridden, fake fragrance citrus oils!). This is not an issue with quality (quite the opposite as pure citrus oils are supposed to work this way), just the chemistry.
It's because citrus oils are "Top" notes. This means they evaporate and disperse quicker, compared to the heavier Middle and Base note oils such as Geranium which will last a lot longer and carry further in terms of how long you notice it.
This is why many choose to blend a heavier note like Geranium, Ylang Ylang, Frankincense, Patchouli or similar, together with the citrus oil(s). Doing this will mean the citrus oil(s) will give you the initial "lift", while the heavier note(s) work to prolong the aroma.
So if you want a longer lasting Citrus scent in your space, blend the citrus oil with a heavier oil like those listed below...