Why Sacred Soul
A Message From The Founders
Here's a breakdown of the beautiful oils included in this 7 set special
Whether you need to relax and unwind after a hard day, improve focus and mental clarity, balance emotions, require therapeutic benefits or are seeking a natural alternative to chemical based household products... there's an oil for that. This Sacred Soul set of 7 essential oils ensures you have an oil available and on hand to meet most of your needs.
- Frankincense - Frankincense creates a space of tranquility and supports emotional healing. Great to use in meditation. Calming, it is a great oil when you are feeling irritable, stressed or anxious or struggling to get to sleep due to a restless mind.
- Ylang Ylang - Ylang-ylang can help to lift your mood and reduce anger, anxiety, grief, nervousness and stress. It is a useful oil when meditating as it helps to create a feeling of peace. Also considered by many to be an aphrodisiac.
- Tea Tree - Strengthens the defensive Qi, invigorates the heart, mind and spirit. A must have for your natural first aid kit.
- Eucalyptus - Focus and energise the mind, reduce fatigue, increase feelings of vitality, clear the respiratory system, improve the flow of Qi, freshen the room.
- Peppermint - Great for clearing the mind to help you focus and if you are feeling down or fatigued. Both warming and cooling
- Patchouli - Patchouli creates harmony and stability in the mind and therefore is good to use when you are feeling down, anxious or stressed. This oil is highly regarded for its psychological and energetic properties. If you are feeling the mental strain and like your mind is burned out from working overtime, patchouli's warm, calming, hypnotic aroma will embrace you and help you to reconnect the mind, body and spirit. Also supports Qi of the pancreas and spleen. Patchouli is described by many as having a more powerful aroma than other essential oils. It has fixative qualities, with the earthy fragrance and alone it is seductive. However its beauty shines through when blended with other essential oils to ground and add body to them.
- Lavender - One of the most popular oils to use in times of stress and can also act as a sedative to help with mental and emotional unrest. This calming oil is often used before bed to help calm your mind before sleep. Lavender is also uplifting and good to boost the spirit if you are feeling down or drained. This cooling oil also supports Qi of the heart. Also good to use with meditation.
Please refer to individual product pages if you require more specific information about each oil
Our Commitment to Quality
Every batch of essential oil we receive is tested for purity and quality. Each batch of essential oil can differ, even from the same producer. Because essential oil is extracted from plants, it can be affected by many factors such as the weather, the seasons, and human error... a bit like fine wine.
This is why we carry out batch testing even if the batch is from the same supplier so we can guarantee consistent quality.
The farms we’ve chosen to work with consistently provide incredibly pure, high quality oils. We regularly review our producers with a stringent set of quality guidelines that we’ve developed in partnership with our industry experts and their 20+ years in the industry.
“Even an oil which is quite truthfully described as pure may be of poor quality, and therefore of less value therapeutically. IF AN ESSENTIAL OIL COSTS MUCH LESS THAN YOU WOULD NORMALLY EXPECT TO PAY FOR IT, the oil may well be a third or fourth distillate from a batch of plant material which has already yielded the greater part of its properties to the first or second distillation.”
About The Cultivation
Our mission is to provide you with the purest essential oils that contain the therapeutic properties you need to support yours and your family’s health.
Sometimes this means the oil is certified organic but acquiring an organic certification can be quite costly to farmers, which means many choose not to obtain it. Oils derived from plants that are organically grown or wildcrafted are still free from man-made chemicals despite not being certified. This means the oils can be of equal or better quality than comparable certified organic products and often at a lower price.
We also look to source single origin essential oils to help ensure quality and transparency.
How We Package Our Essential Oil
Our essential oil is fresh off the still and comes in a 10ML blue glass bottle and is sealed to protect the precious oil within. The bottle also comes with an orifice reducer built in so you can dispense the oil one drop at a time.
During the shipping process, special canisters prolong and protect the quality of the oil from light and temperature during transit from around the globe and we ensure a quick turnaround time from producer to bottle, with minimal shelf time to maintain quality and purity.
We typically recommend storing your oil at or below room temperature in a cool dark place.
The Tests We Run on our Oils To Ensure Quality
All of our oil is constantly tested for purity. The testing provides us with key data about what constituent compounds are in the oils and at what volumes.
Gas Chromatography (GC)
Gas Chromatography (GC) describes the analytical separation technique used to analyze volatile substances in the gas phase. In GC, the components of a sample are dissolved in a solvent and vaporized in order to separate the analytes by distributing the sample between two phases: a stationary phase and a mobile phase. GC provides us key data about what compounds are in oils and how much of each component is present.
Mass Spectrometry (MS)
Mass Spectrometry (MS) is an analytical chemistry technique that identifies the amount and type of individual molecules present in a sample by measuring the mass-to-charge ratio. A mass spectrometer has three essential functions: Ion source, Mass analyzer and the Detector. The Ion source is where the sample is ionized. Once the sample is ionized, the mass analyzer sorts and separates the ions according to the mass and charge. Once the ions are separated and sorted then the separation is measured in the detector where a results chart is displayed..
A personal message from our founders
Ultimately we believe that an oil, like the business that stands behind it, should be ethical and be exactly what it says on the tin. That’s why we only use the highest quality oils, with the highest quality extraction methods, and shipped with the highest quality packaging.
It’s also why you won’t see us throwing around buzzwords that don’t mean anything, like “therapeutic grade” or “clinical grade.” When we describe our oils, we mean what we say.
We believe that the more you know about essential oils in general, the more likely you’ll want to become a part of the Sacred Soul community.
If for any reason you’re unsatisfied with our oil, I want to personally invite you to email me and let me know. I’ll be happy to refund your money within the first 90 days of your purchase.
I’m betting my business on the fact that you’ll be blown away by the quality and aroma of our essential oils.
Either way, thanks for stopping by our site and checking us out. We hope every interaction you have with us, in person, or online is positive and memorable. Feel free to drop us a note on our contact page if you have any questions, concerns, or feedback for us.
This guide is a general overview for oils that don't have a more restricted dermal recommendation and are considered safe for topical use with adults age 16+. It also doesn't account for any specific medical issues, medication or skin conditions. You should check with a medical professional or aromatherapist before use. Below are not recommended dosages. Never apply undiluted to the skin.
ALWAYS check the max dermal use for the individual oil/s or blend you plan to use. You should also consider your medical and skin conditions and take the advice of a qualified professional. Serious negative effects such as skin sensitization, irritation, burns and other issues could occur from misusing essential oils and products containing essential oils.
Patch test: For first time use, place a drop of diluted essential oil on a small area of skin such as the inside elbow. After application, be aware of adverse reactions for the first 24-48 hours.
See below for approximate dilution ratios and usage guidelines. These are NOT recommended dosages and you should always consult with a medical professional or qualified aromatherapist before use.
Always start with a low dilution.
- 0.5% - 1% = facial, long term daily use or full body application
- 2% = generally good for regular use
- 3% = for specific localised concerns
- 5% = short term specific concerns (max 2 weeks)
- 10% = acute specific concerns
When measuring in 'drops', just be aware that the only way for true accuracy is to measure your drops using a digital scale because different oils can amount to a slightly different number of drops per ml. The orifice reducer in the bottle is also not a standard size so could differ between brands, which could affect the size of ‘a drop’ and therefore your dilution %. This table is intended as an approximate guide only.
(1tsp carrier oil)
(2tsp carrier oil)
(3tsp carrier oil)
(6 tsp carrier oil)
|0.5%||<1 drop||1 drop||2 drops||4 drops|
|1%||1 drop||3 drops||4 drops||9 drops|
|2%||3 drops||6 drops||9 drops||18 drops|
|3%||4 drops||9 drops||13 drops||27 drops|
|5%||7 drops||15 drops||22 drops||45 drops|
|10%||14 drops||30 drops||44 drops||90 drops|
*30ml is 1 ounce